Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life in a State of Trust

It's been a while since I've written on this thing, which really is a pity, because I still love the Institute.

Lately I've been forced to trust God in all manner of unpalatable ways. I have no money, no job, and no place of my own, and I'm getting married next March.

:D

I love my fiancee. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I could never regret proposing to her when I did. But still, sometimes I wonder what's going to become of us after we take that crucial and oh-so-wonderful step into married life. I mean, we're going to be dirt freaking poor, for one thing. I've never had very many outward compunctions against that, but I'm finding that I'm inwardly frightened out of my wits.

What keeps me from losing it completely (other than the fact that I'm normally pretty calm about everything) is the fact that I see God answering our prayers and working out our wedding details in ways we could never have hoped for. Apparently, we're supposed to get married or something. :P

Friends, God is trustworthy. He has brought us this far, and will carry us through. All that remains is to replace anxiety with faithfulness.

Direchihuahua

1 comment:

Laurie said...

hey Pete,
I am WAY excited about your engagement!--and am encouraged hearing your thoughts as you take this huge step and trust Christ and watch Him work in ways that surpass your understanding. Blessings to you and Victoria!

 
Creative Commons License
The Institute for Circular Reasoning by Peter Semple is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.