Friday, March 20, 2009

Math

Every time I enter a math classroom, I get the feeling I've entered another reality, one in which nothing I know actually matters. Philosophy? Gone. Theology? Gone. Nearly encyclopedic knowledge of science fiction TV shows? Completely useless.

Every time I leave a math classroom, it feels like Thor tried to play croquet with my head, and my mouth gets all dry and cottony. I'd call it a "math hangover," but such a phrase would presuppose that something enjoyable occurred before the nasty aftereffects.

I think the reason why I dislike math so much is that it forces my thought processes to conform to a rigid set of rules, which is not normally how they operate. Said processes do their best to beat down and destroy these rules, which explains the headache.

One of these days, they're all going to revolt and destroy even the most rudimentary knowledge of mathematics I possess, like workers rising up against an evil overseer...

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, plain as dog poop in winter: math foments communism.

Direchihuahua

2 comments:

ShatterLight said...

I love you bunches.

WilesOfStarlight said...

I love your style of writing. You make me laugh so much.

 
Creative Commons License
The Institute for Circular Reasoning by Peter Semple is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.